Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Dreams, Hopes for the Future

For the longest time I believed I had the skill of precognitive dreaming, or dreaming the future. Like I would sleep and dream about something, have no idea of what the dream was and then in X amount of time later I would experience like a shock of Deja Vu of already experiencing the event(the dream). Its happening more and more but I can't confirm that I'm a psychic yet.

The topic of this blog post is my dream, my vision for what I want to do with my career. Right now I'm working for a student run newspaper called the Lanthorn as a Videographer. I do not like this job as much as I should. Its more geared towards journalism and communications than film production. I'm forced to record specific events such as sports games, breaking news, etc. and edit the video with specific guidelines. I like recording the sports games but my motto is do not tell me how to do my videos unless you're going to pay me. The way I improve from my videos best is through trial and error so if I make a bad video, tell me so I can improve upon it in the next video. I will not make the same mistake twice. Most people don't know this but I've never taken a film class in high school, I'm self taught. The way I taught myself how to make videos and special effects was through endless attempts of trial and error, figuring out what looks good and what doesn't. That's how most artists work. 

After college I'm currently expecting to do a lot of freelance work. I'll start venturing out for movie sets with camera operator jobs and or professional editor jobs when I believe that I've reached a certain level of perfection. I'll meet people and join circles of people who work together. My short term goal at the moment is to get my name on the big screen. After meeting tons of people from different fields within the movie business I will round everyone I know that seeks the same level of perfection as I do and I will direct and produce my own video for the big screen. That is my long term goal, to create my own film for the big screen. 

Nothing is impossible. If you have a dream, never give up on it. I will make my way into the movie business and I will accomplish my dreams. Just you wait.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: 

Jack's Mannequin - Dark Blue: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQOIJDE3RhA&ob=av2e




No comments:

Post a Comment