Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting Serious

Whenever I'm stressed out I tend to feel like I'm a way more serious filmmaker. I'm studying from a book called: Master Shots. Its a book of over 100 different professional camera angles. I try to strive to get as professional as possible with each video I make and this book is the ticket to the professional world. I don't even have any film classes and yet I'm studying from this book more than my biology and writing classes. Is this bad? No. Pre-recs are nasty and serve no purpose. I mean they give you a broader education but when everything you're learning from these classes is review from high school, whats the point?

The shows here at Grand Valley on Grand Valley's Television Station(GVTV) are downright disgusting. You'd think they would be good but the acting is terrible, the quality is terrible, the sound typically is terrible and the effects are nasty. I would just love to bring a show to the table filmed on my camera and have it shown on their GVTV network to show everyone up but I don't have the time with all these nasty pre-recs

Back in August I worked as a camera operator for one of the episodes on a show called the Laker Late Show, similar to a david letterman show, and now every time they go through the credits you can see my name under the crew even though I didn't work on the newer episodes. I find this extremely funny, at least my name is getting out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment