Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bad News: Broken Laptop

I'm sorry to bring about this bad news but my laptop is broken which means I have no good way to pump out videos until it gets repaired. Ever since I had my laptop the little prong inside the DC power port was always a little wobbly. Here's a picture of the part that is broken.


The silver prong broke off and is jammed inside the charger meaning I have no way of charging my laptop. So I called Asus customer service to speak to a bunch of horrible people that can't speak any clear and proper english. I was never so frustrated in my life. Why do companies insist on hiring foreigners and people who can't speak clear english to take calls from customers? After finally requesting to speak to 3-4 different people I finally got to talk to someone that could help me that I could understand and got my label printed off and I shipped my laptop the next day.

About a week has past, I haven't had that many withdrawals but I checked the tracking number only to find out that the building number was somehow missing from my shipment so I had to once again talk to a confusing foreigner from Fedex and change the shipping address. It all should be good now and I should have my laptop back and videos pumping out in about 2-3 weeks. Thankfully its spring break this week and I don't have a need for my laptop.

1 comment:

  1. What a terrible thing to happen for a laptop! A laptop is called a portable computer since they can be used away from the outlet by using a rechargeable battery. But its battery needs to be recharged every now and then. And having a broken DC power port is no good, as it means that the battery can’t be charged. I hope the parts necessary are now installed and your laptop is running smoothly.


    Benita Bolland

    ReplyDelete